Dentons Data in Conversation is brought to you by the Firm’s Transformative Technologies and Data Strategy group. In the past weeks, we have seen unprecedented public health measures taken by countries and governments, forcing companies to conform quickly and embrace new ways of doing business. In a series of podcasts, we will give timely updates on the digital and privacy implications surrounding COVID-19, and the implications for businesses that are adopting transformative technologies to keep the workforce moving.
If you require any assistance regarding specific legal issues, please reach out to a member of Dentons’ Transformative Technology and Data Strategy group, Dentons’ Cybersecurity and Privacy group, or other legal counsel.
Moving Digital – Privacy litigation risks in the times of COVID-19
In this episode, we will discuss:
- Weekly update – contact tracing and privacy breach reporting
- Trends in privacy class action litigation
- Litigation risks associated with COVID-19
- Risk management strategies for companies during COVID-19
The information referenced in this podcast is current as of our recording on April 13, 2020, and although it may contain legal information, it does not provide legal advice.
This program is eligible for substantive CPD credit with the Law Society of Ontario
This program is eligible for substantive CPD credit with the Law Society of British Columbia
Moving Digital – A conversation on privacy and cybersecurity in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic (Part 2)
In this episode, your host, Kelly Osaka continues the discussion on privacy and cybersecurity challenges in the time of COVID-19.
What you will learn:
- An update on current guidance from privacy regulators
- Developments in COVID-19 regulation, including the deployment of the Quarantine Act and the effects on privacy
- Tips for lawyers on working securely from home
The information referenced in this podcast is current as of our recording on April 3, 2020.
Moving Digital – A conversation on privacy and cybersecurity in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic
What you will learn:
- What should employers be aware of from a privacy perspective when collecting personal information to manage the risks associated with COVID-19?
- The scope of government authority in a pandemic affects not only employees, but also customers, supply chains and service providers. What steps can the government take regarding pandemic management to protect the healthcare system?
- With more people working from home on VPNs, what are some of the cybersecurity risks to employers?
- What are some tips for in-house counsel working remotely with their teams to ensure business continuity, efficiency and security?
Stay tuned for our next episode!
Please contact us if you have any questions or topics you would like to hear in our coming episodes.